- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in another skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, onion, celery and red pepper in oil until onion is tender. Stir in the water, barbecue sauce, soup mix, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cut sausage into 1/2-in. slices; add to vegetable mixture. Reduce heat; cook uncovered, for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over noodles or rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Barbecue Sausage Skillet
Sort By :
"We really wanted to like this recipe more, but in the end, it was just too heavy. It is possible that the honey-garlic barbecue sauce was a little too strong for the other ingredients, so anyone else trying this recipe might want to go with a mild sauce. We probably won't make this again as we can get some really good Chinese food for less trouble and little cost in Toronto. For those who aren't as lucky and want to try this recipe, take it easy on the stir-fry (don't overcook) and keep the sauce light."