- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausages
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the sausages. In a small bowl, whisk the barbecue sauce, marmalade, mustard and allspice. Pour over sausage mixture; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until heated through. Stir in pineapple. Serve with toothpicks. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Barbecue Sausage Bites
Sort By :
This is a crowd pleaser! I sometimes add pre-cooked pop-corn shrimp to it - Wonderful. I also like to put sliced brown or baby bella mushrooms in mine. Again wonderful! You can also alter kind of sausages used - I like to add sweet Italian sausage, and beer brats. If you want a something with a little kick try hot Italian sausage. Very versatile dish and leans itself to multiple version and I haven't had a variation that wasn't a hit so far! When you add the extra items item like lb of Italian sausage or shrimp be prepared to adjust the sauce accordingly. The addition of cup and 1/2 slice mushrooms doesn't seem to cause too much of a problem.
I took this to a baby shower at our church and it was the first thing gone! I have had many requests for the recipe since than. Everyone seems to LOVE this easy dish. SO delicious and easy!
Have made this so many times-it's so easy and everyone requests this at our get togethers.
This dish is delicious. I've made this twice and I will be making it again. Everyone at my family Christmas party loved it.
My husband and family really enjoyed this appetizer. I will be making this again.