- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, crushed, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 3/4 cup cereal, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add 2 tablespoons sauce to meat mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Brush with remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining cereal. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Barbecued Meatballs in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p30
Reviews for Barbecue Sauce Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2009
"These meatballs were amazing! They were gone before I got the chance to put them on the table!"