These tender ground beef meatballs have just the right amount of zip, thanks to the tangy sauce.—Cyndi Fynaardt, Oskaloosa, Iowa
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, crushed, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 3/4 cup cereal, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add 2 tablespoons sauce to meat mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Brush with remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining cereal. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Barbecued Meatballs in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p30
Reviews for Barbecue Sauce Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review