- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal, crushed, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 3/4 cup cereal, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add 2 tablespoons sauce to meat mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Brush with remaining sauce; sprinkle with remaining cereal. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Barbecue Sauce Meatballs
"The recipe introduction incorrectly listed pork as being in this recipe. The only meat used is ground beef. The error will be corrected soon.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"The intro says pork and beef, recipe does not list pork. Is it missing?"
"These meatballs were amazing! They were gone before I got the chance to put them on the table!"