- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the pork, tomatoes, broth, cumin, pepper and salt; heat through.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to pork mixture; stir until blended. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet
Sort By :
"This sounds different, but the flavor is really good! Have made this many times. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"I gave this five stars as I thought it was very tasty. I don't exactly love store bought bbq but the pasta and veggies gave it a nice twist. This would be a great office potluck dish you could keep warm in a crockpot. Will make again."
"This was great!!! My husband and picky teenage son really liked it. I thought it was delicious also. I don't understand the comment that said it was bland. It wasn't bland at all, in fact it had quite a kick to it and was VERY tasty. I used Lloyd's BBQ Shredded Pork. Maybe they used some other brand? Also I used the Original Tomatoes w Green Chilis and it is more spicy than the mild version. Using what I spent (some ingredients were on sale), I found this meal to be around $1.50 per person which is a real bargain."
"Delish!!! My boyfriend said, this meal is in the top 5 meals in our house! Yummy!!!!"
"A little sweet. If no Bbq flavor might be really good"