- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the pork, tomatoes, broth, cumin, pepper and salt; heat through.
Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to pork mixture; stir until blended. Sprinkle with green onions.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet
Sort By :
"The easiest and quickest meal I've ever made. A little tangy depending on which kind of pulled pork you buy with the BBQ sauce already mixed in."
"This sounds different, but the flavor is really good! Have made this many times. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"I gave this five stars as I thought it was very tasty. I don't exactly love store bought bbq but the pasta and veggies gave it a nice twist. This would be a great office potluck dish you could keep warm in a crockpot. Will make again."
"This was great!!! My husband and picky teenage son really liked it. I thought it was delicious also. I don't understand the comment that said it was bland. It wasn't bland at all, in fact it had quite a kick to it and was VERY tasty. I used Lloyd's BBQ Shredded Pork. Maybe they used some other brand? Also I used the Original Tomatoes w Green Chilis and it is more spicy than the mild version. Using what I spent (some ingredients were on sale), I found this meal to be around $1.50 per person which is a real bargain."
"Delish!!! My boyfriend said, this meal is in the top 5 meals in our house! Yummy!!!!"