Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (18 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the pork, tomatoes, broth, cumin, pepper and salt; heat through.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to pork mixture; stir until blended. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet(34)
Sort By :
Weird combo. Not too bad though.
I made this today and it was really good. I used roasted red bell peppers but that is the only thing I changed. We will be having this again for something different.
This was even better than expected. Depending on the BBQ pulled pork, consider adding a little more BBQ sauce to taste. The green onions really enhance this dish, so they are well worth including. Thanks for the great recipe.
It was not liked by anyone in my family. I used our favorite bbq pork leftovers too, but for some reason it just didn't work. For me it was the bbq with the pasta, but my husband didn't like the tomatoes mixed in.
I was a little disappointed in how this turned out, but that was due to the gluten free rice pasta I used. It's so easy to overcook that, and it broke up as the dish heated through. Other than that, though, we liked the idea of bbq pork with pasta. Like others, I used leftover bbq pork I had made. I had a honey bbq sauce and just didn't think the cumin and chilies would work that well with it, so I used plain diced tomatoes and substituted chili powder for cumin. We thought it had a great flavor and it did make a lot. We love leftovers, so that is great!
More Recipe Collections
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >