- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the pork, tomatoes, broth, cumin, pepper and salt; heat through.
Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to pork mixture; stir until blended. Sprinkle with green onions.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet
Sort By :
"I made this last night with leftover bbq pork and my family loved it."
"I used my own shredded bbq chicken recipe and subbed in chicken broth instead of beef and I am IN LOVE with this dish! It's so simple and delicious, definitely will be making again!"
"It sounds so good. But my husband and teens did not like it real well. It is very flavorful and unique. So have to scratch it off my lst."
"The easiest and quickest meal I've ever made. A little tangy depending on which kind of pulled pork you buy with the BBQ sauce already mixed in."
"This sounds different, but the flavor is really good! Have made this many times. Thank you for sharing this recipe."