I'm the proud mother of four wonderful and active children. Simple, delicious and quick meals like this are perfect for us to enjoy together following our after-school activities, errands and sports. —Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the pork, tomatoes, broth, cumin, pepper and salt; heat through.
Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to pork mixture; stir until blended. Sprinkle with green onions.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pasta mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p33
Reviews for Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review