Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the pork, tomatoes, broth, cumin, pepper and salt; heat through.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to pork mixture; stir until blended. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet
Sort By :
delicious a little kicky for me so next time I cut both cumin and pepper in half still had a kick but not as spicy.
Weird combo. Not too bad though.
I made this today and it was really good. I used roasted red bell peppers but that is the only thing I changed. We will be having this again for something different.
This was even better than expected. Depending on the BBQ pulled pork, consider adding a little more BBQ sauce to taste. The green onions really enhance this dish, so they are well worth including. Thanks for the great recipe.
It was not liked by anyone in my family. I used our favorite bbq pork leftovers too, but for some reason it just didn't work. For me it was the bbq with the pasta, but my husband didn't like the tomatoes mixed in.