Barbecue Pork and Penne Skillet Recipe
I'm the proud mother of four wonderful and active children. Simple, delicious and quick meals like this are perfect for us to enjoy together following our after-school activities, errands and sports. —Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and onion in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the pork, tomatoes, broth, cumin, pepper and salt; heat through.
- 2. Drain pasta. Add pasta and cheese to pork mixture; stir until blended. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 428 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 903 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC