- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a small food processor, combine cashews and pecans; cover and process until ground. Transfer to a bowl; add 1/2 cup bread crumbs, potato flakes, egg, onion, garlic and salt. Shape into two 1/2-in.-thick patties; roll in remaining bread crumbs.
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the honey, ketchup, barbecue sauce, vinegar and molasses. Serve patties on lettuce-lined buns with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Barbecue Nut Burgers
Sort By :
We have used this recipe many times, without the sauce. It also works to form the mixture into small balls ad serve it with sweet and sour sauce, or a sauce of your choice.