Looking for a twist on standard party mix? My family enjoys this barbecue-seasoned snack at Christmas and throughout the year. It also makes a nice addition to a holiday gift basket. —Mrs. Dean Holmes, Altamont, Kansas
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups mixed nuts or dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 to 5 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large roasting pan, combine the cereals, crackers, pretzels and nuts; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt until blended. Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 14 cups.
Originally published as Barbecue Muncher Mix in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p28
Reviews for Barbecue Muncher Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review