- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups mixed nuts or dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 to 5 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large roasting pan, combine the cereals, crackers, pretzels and nuts; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt until blended. Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 14 cups.
Reviews for Barbecue Muncher Mix
Sort By :
I rated this recipe as written, which wasn't great! If I make again, I'd add more BBQ sauce and keep an eye on the pretzels as they can easily get a charred taste (stir often). With those simple changes, this would be a good mix.
I added more barbecue sauce to suit my personal preference and the snack mix tasted very good. I would make it again, and adjust it as needed.
This has no bbq flavor at all. I will never make it again. We are using this for bird food.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Party Mix >
- Party Snacks >