My husband and I first tasted this recipe when we were dinner guests at the home of some friends. We liked it so much that I took the recipe home—and it's been one of our favorite main dishes ever since!—Kerry Bouchard, Shawmut, Montana
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- MEAT LOAF:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together meat loaf ingredients. Add half of the sauce to the meat loaf mixture; mix well. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from oven; drain. Pour remaining sauce over loaf. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes longer or until no pink remains. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef 1993, p30
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Barbecue Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review