Barbecue Lasagna Recipe
This hearty dish is a nice change of pace from more traditional lasagna. The barbecue flavor is fantastic!—Hazel Selle, Hartford, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. For barbecue sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the next 13 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Spread about 1/4 cup barbecue sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and half of the beef. Spread with half of the remaining barbecue sauce; sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, cheddar and Colby cheeses. Repeat layers.
- 3. Combine cottage cheese and egg; spoon evenly over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for about 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 527 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 1,167 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Barbecue Lasagna
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC