- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. For barbecue sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the next 13 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Spread about 1/4 cup barbecue sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles and half of the beef. Spread with half of the remaining barbecue sauce; sprinkle with half of the mozzarella, cheddar and Colby cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Combine cottage cheese and egg; spoon evenly over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for about 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Lasagna
"I absolutely love this lasagna and get rave reviews whenever I make it ; and I have adjusted the recipe slightly as the 1st time I made it I thought it was too dry. So I use: 1 1/2-2 cups ketchup, 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1 cup brown sugar. I also use 1.5 cups of cottage cheese for the topping."
"awesome. perfect for a unique 4th of july celebration. Everyone Loved it and went back for seconds. It is traditional for us each year to make now. My family looks forward to his and raves to their friends about this unusual dish."
"my kids love this lasagna!!"
"Way tooo sweet!"
"I loved this dish! If you like sweet tasting barbecue you will enjoy this too. I added 1/3 cup cilantro for added flavor to the sauce mix. PERFECTION!"