Barbecue Kielbasa Recipe
In Canfield, Ohio, Gina Slaven serves this mouthwatering main dish with corn bread and green beans. "It can easily be tripled for potlucks." Gina notes. Serve the sweet sauce-covered sausage over hot cooked rice if time allows, or cut it into bite-size pieces for an appealing appetizer.
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 529 calories, 34 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 2,052 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC