Barbecue Jack Chicken
Pepper Jack cheese from the deli and bottled barbecue sauce are all you need to dress up these simple grilled chicken breasts. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Carefully cut a pocket in each chicken breast half. Fill with cheese;
- secure with toothpicks.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 6-8 minutes on each side or a thermometer reads 165°,
- basting frequently with barbecue sauce. Discard toothpicks before
- serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 120 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.