Barbecue Italian Sausages Recipe
The tangy barbecue sauce found here is fast, flavorful and extremely versatile. It's fantastic on sausages, but don't stop there; give it a try on ribs or with pulled pork.
- 4 uncooked Italian sausage links
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 4 hot dog buns, split
- 1. Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- 2. Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder and liquid smoke if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Place sausages in buns; serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 402 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1362mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Barbecue Italian Sausages
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2010
"Delicious. I love this recipe!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC