Barbecue Ham Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 pound shaved lean deli ham
- 2 sandwich rolls, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter. Add the tomato juice, ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add ham; stir until coated. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 358 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 1,066 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Barbecue Ham Sandwiches
"So yummy....I tripled the recipe and froze some of the filling to defrost/heat up at a later time. Definetly a keeper."