Barbecue Green Bean Bake Recipe
This recipe was given to me at a Bible study picnic by a dear lady who loved to make up her own recipes. I’ve shared it with many friends, including missionaries who have taken it to other countries!
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- 2. Place green beans in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with onion mixture and bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until beans are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 257 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC