Barbecue Green Bean Bake Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- 2. Place green beans in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with onion mixture and bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until beans are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 257 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Barbecue Green Bean Bake
"The flavor is very good, but both times I made it, my green beans were rubbery. Next time I try it, I will try it using canned green beans."
"The brown sugar and Worcestershire are the key to this wonderful side dish. Every time I make it I get OOOH's and AWWES from young to adult. Everyone loves green beans and this just puts it on the top of the list. Excellent- a must to try.. you wont' be sorry."
"I served this when taking a dish to friends. What a great tasting dish. WE all love vegetables and this was number one. So much better than the regular green bean casserole."