This recipe was given to me at a Bible study picnic by a dear lady who loved to make up her own recipes. I’ve shared it with many friends, including missionaries who have taken it to other countries!
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Place green beans in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with onion mixture and bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until beans are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue Green Bean Bake in Country Extra March 2007, p49
Reviews for Barbecue Green Bean Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review