- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Place green beans in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with onion mixture and bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until beans are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Green Bean Bake
Sort By :
So delicious! Green beans stayed crunchy (I used Steamfresh frozen), bbq sauce tasted great and the combination was amazing. Highly recommend. Was a huge hit at Thanksgiving as a side dish!!
The flavor is very good, but both times I made it, my green beans were rubbery. Next time I try it, I will try it using canned green beans.
The brown sugar and Worcestershire are the key to this wonderful side dish. Every time I make it I get OOOH's and AWWES from young to adult. Everyone loves green beans and this just puts it on the top of the list. Excellent- a must to try.. you wont' be sorry.
I served this when taking a dish to friends. What a great tasting dish. WE all love vegetables and this was number one. So much better than the regular green bean casserole.