Barbecue Country Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1. Place ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the chili sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings and pepper sauce and Liquid Smoke if desired; pour over ribs.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 396 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 1211mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, trace fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Barbecue Country Ribs
"Can't understand reviews that said this sauce was bland. Found it anything but plain. I added a medium sliced onion; also upped the chili powder, liquid smoke and hot sauce. This recipe was fantastic. Will definitely make again. Tangy and a little different from other rib recipes."
"Saved recipe just today. Look fwd. to making, altho halving recipe. Not fans of chili powder/hot pepper sauce so will go very sparingly."
"Hello, This meat turned out tender but it lacked something. I did not have liquid smoke, so maybe that was it. I'm wondering if the juice should be extracted, turned into gravy with a thickener & then added back. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something to write home about:("
"The barbecue sauce has a very sweet, ketchup-y taste. I guess that that's the combined effect of the chili sauce and the ketchup. No one in the group to whom I served it gave it a positive review."
"Whole family love it!!"
"Very good recipe and will make again."
"Please correct the length of cooking time in the slow cooker. (6-6 hours ?) Should that be 6-8 hours?"
"I cooked these but used bone-in ribs . Thay were delicious . 6 others agreed and wanted the recipe ."