Barbecue Country Ribs
—Rebecca Knode, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Place ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the chili sauce, ketchup,
- brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings and pepper
- sauce and Liquid Smoke if desired; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Yield:
- 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 360 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.