- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Place ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the chili sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, seasonings and pepper sauce and Liquid Smoke if desired; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Country Ribs(6)
Sort By :
Hello, This meat turned out tender but it lacked something. I did not have liquid smoke, so maybe that was it. I'm wondering if the juice should be extracted, turned into gravy with a thickener & then added back. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something to write home about:(
The barbecue sauce has a very sweet, ketchup-y taste. I guess that that's the combined effect of the chili sauce and the ketchup. No one in the group to whom I served it gave it a positive review.
Whole family love it!!
Very good recipe and will make again.
Please correct the length of cooking time in the slow cooker. (6-6 hours ?) Should that be 6-8 hours?
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Rib Recipes >
- Slow Cooker BBQ >
- Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Ribs >