Barbecue Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 pounds whole chicken wings
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place wings in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drain chicken wings; add to slow cooker. Drizzle with remaining sauce.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
3 each: 287 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 831mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Wings
"Great sauce, substituted 1/2 tsp onion powder for 1/2 tsp of the curry powder. Well liked by our guests."
"Tripled amount of wings, doubled the sauce, for a Wisconsin Badger football party and the wing were a huge hit. Sauce has great flavor!"
"The sauce needed "something" so I added some onion powder and a tsp. of chicken base. That seemed to do the trick."
"too much curry powder"
"My husband really like these. He did think they were "a little too barbecuey" but he sucked them down. We will make them again."
"I made these for a all female pool tournament. They were the first thing ate. I have been requested to make them many times."
"I made these for a fathers day golf trip with the guys and they really went over big. Next time its two batches, one hotter."