- 3 pounds whole chicken wings
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place wings in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drain chicken wings; add to slow cooker. Drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Wings
Sort By :
"Great sauce, substituted 1/2 tsp onion powder for 1/2 tsp of the curry powder. Well liked by our guests."
"Tripled amount of wings, doubled the sauce, for a Wisconsin Badger football party and the wing were a huge hit. Sauce has great flavor!"
"The sauce needed "something" so I added some onion powder and a tsp. of chicken base. That seemed to do the trick."
"too much curry powder"
"My husband really like these. He did think they were "a little too barbecuey" but he sucked them down. We will make them again."