"I got this spicy recipe from a friend but altered the ingredient amounts to adjust the hotness of the sauce," recalls Jean Ann Herritt of Canton, Ohio. "Make sure everyone has extra napkins...these wings are messy to eat but oh, so good!"
- 3 pounds whole chicken wings
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Place wings in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Drain chicken wings; add to slow cooker. Drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Barbecue Chicken Wings in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p60
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review