Lots of my recipes start out as fun ways to use leftovers—like this one! My kids love tostadas, so this day-after-cookout dinner was a big hit. —Lauren Wyler, Dripping Springs, Texas
Recommended: 30 June Recipes You’ll Love
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup baked beans
- 2-2/3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 tostada shells
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler. Mix first four ingredients; toss with coleslaw mix and green onions. Refrigerate until serving.
- Place beans in a small saucepan; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Cook over low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In another saucepan, mix chicken and barbecue sauce; cook over medium-low heat until heated through, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble, place tostada shells on ungreased baking sheets. Spread with beans; top with chicken mixture and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until tostada shells are lightly browned and cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with slaw. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue Chicken Tostadas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017