Barbecue Chicken Pizza Recipe
My husband and I love barbeque chicken pizza, but I decided to take it up a notch by adding other toppings that we love, including smoky bacon and creamy Gorgonzola. My mouth starts to water just thinking about it! —Megan Crow, Lincoln, NE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Unroll and press dough onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 8 minutes.
Spread barbecue sauce over dough; top with chicken, cooked onion, bacon, Gorgonzola cheese and jalapenos. Sprinkle with paprika and garlic powder; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Bake pizza crust as directed; cool. Top with all the ingredients as directed and securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 354 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC