Barbecue Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Unroll and press dough onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 8 minutes.
Spread barbecue sauce over dough; top with chicken, cooked onion, bacon, Gorgonzola cheese and jalapenos. Sprinkle with paprika and garlic powder; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake pizza 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Bake pizza crust as directed; cool. Top with all the ingredients as directed, and securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 354 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 851mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Pizza
"Really good! Skipped precooking the onions to save time and used a little less. Definitely will make this again! YUM!"
"Very good with an overall smoky flavor. Next time I think I'll leave the Gorgonzola off. It is a strong flavor that I don't think added much. I used Sonny's bbq sauce and smoky paprika."
"My husband and I both loved this!"
"This was great!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.