Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizzas
Enjoy the tangy taste of Staca Hiatt's pita pizzas. “I use bottled barbecue sauce, cooked chicken breast, and cheddar cheese for a truly Western-style pizza, and they're very easy to prepare,” writes the Twentynine Palms, California reader.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spoon over
- pitas. Top with the bacon, onion, green pepper, chilies, mushrooms
- and cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now