Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizzas Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spoon over pitas. Top with the bacon, onion, green pepper, chilies, mushrooms and cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizzas(7)
Sort By :
BBQ Chicken Pizza in a Pita what's not to like.
Used fresh mushroom instead of canned. Also, didn't use pre-cooked chicken but used cooked fresh chicken sprinkled w/ smoked paprika. Yummy!
YUM! Everyone liked these!
Very good but I altered the recipe a little. I used more chicken than called for (store bought, roasted), whole wheat pitas, real bacon, & reduced fat cheddar - more than called for.
My family LOVED these pizzas! Very simple & quick! My 9yr. old stepson had fun helping me make them too!
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Pizza Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >
- Party Appetizers >
- Pita Bread Pizza >
- Pizza Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >