Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizzas Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spoon over pitas. Top with the bacon, onion, green pepper, chilies, mushrooms and cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizzas
Sort By :
"BBQ Chicken Pizza in a Pita what's not to like."
"Used fresh mushroom instead of canned. Also, didn't use pre-cooked chicken but used cooked fresh chicken sprinkled w/ smoked paprika. Yummy!"
"YUM! Everyone liked these!"
"Very good but I altered the recipe a little. I used more chicken than called for (store bought, roasted), whole wheat pitas, real bacon, & reduced fat cheddar - more than called for."
"My family LOVED these pizzas! Very simple & quick! My 9yr. old stepson had fun helping me make them too!"