Barbecue Chicken Legs Recipe
When I was a young girl, I went with my parents to visit one of their friends. When I married, I wrote to that friend and asked her to share her recipe. Lucky for my, she said yes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:2-3 servings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon butter. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in remaining butter until crisp-tender. Add the water, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 262 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,057 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC