Barbecue Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Drain skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In drippings, saute onion, green pepper and celery until tender. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; add to vegetables. Bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with corn. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and corn is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 522 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 854mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Casserole
"This should be titled Sweet and Sour chicken Casserole. The sauce was thin and soupy and definately didn't taste like barbeque sauce. If I ever make this again I will substitute in a real barbeque sauce recipe instead of the sauce in this recipe."
"husband really liked, I didn't ."
"Very good. Easy to make. All four of my kids liked it which is a miracle in my house!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.