Barbecue Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Drain skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. In drippings, saute onion, green pepper and celery until tender. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; add to vegetables. Bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with corn. Bake 18-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and corn is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 522 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 854 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Casserole
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.