Barbecue Chicken Burritos Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Lime wedges, sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the chicken, green peppers and onion in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in barbecue sauce and heat through.
- 2. Sprinkle cheese down the center of each tortilla; top with chicken mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- 3. In a large skillet, brown burritos in remaining oil on all sides over medium heat. Discard toothpicks. Serve with lime wedges, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 608 calories, 33g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1008mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 8g fiber), 28g protein .
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Burritos
"This recipe is simple but well balanced. A squeeze of lime just before wrapping them up offsets the sugar in the barbecue sauce, and the burritos, while filling, are pretty light, because of all the vegetables."
"Not sure if I did something wrong or what, but we thought this was good, but not great. I thought it was too much green pepper, not enough chicken, and lacked some ingredient (haven't figure out what yet). I also didn't think it needed 2 tbsp of oil at the end to brown the burritos, maybe more like 1 tbsp or just some cooking spray. Also, I think next time I will drain the chicken/onion/pepper mixture before adding in the BBQ sauce. The water/oil from the pan thinned out the sauce (so our burritos were dripping everywhere). I'm really going to need to tweak this the next time I do it. I will say that it was very quick, easy and different from normal burritos."
"Absolutely delicious!! And different too!"
"Very good, easy and quick. My husband and grown sons really enjoyed these. Great "in a pinch" meal."
"These were different and easy to make. Quick easy weeknight meal!"
"We loved this dish, not hard to make! We highly recommend chicken Burritos!"
"Did them with my friend. While eating i was crying. It was so tasty that i didnt had any words to say. I just cried."
"These are now my son's favorite burritos!"
"This was fantastic :) Added some red pepper flakes to give it a little kick and some honey to make it sweeter."
"This recipe was great. I don't always like the mexican spices in burritos so this was perfect. I added some mushrooms and a little honey with the bottled BBQ sauce. Great quick supper."
"Made this recipe last night for the first time last night. My husband and son couldn't get enough and said the recipe was a keeper. Quick and easy for a weeknight meal. I will definitely make this again."
"I omitted the green pepper since the hubby hates them, still delicious! Will be on the monthly menu from here on out."
"I made these last night and they were WONDERFUL!! My husband couldn't get over how good they were ( i did use a homemade flour tortilla) Browning them really makes the difference, I'd say. I cooked the chicken breast whole and then cut it into pieces (for me that's the best way to keep chicken from drying out)"
"these are delicious, also quick and easy to make"
"excellent recipe would make it again"
"Excellent recipe. Super fast and delicious!"
"These are AWESOME! I use a sweet and smokey BBQ sauce.VERY GOOD!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.