- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Lime wedges, sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, green peppers and onion in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is not longer pink. Stir in barbecue sauce and heat through.
- Sprinkle cheese down the center of each tortilla; top with chicken mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown burritos in remaining oil on all sides over medium heat. Discard toothpicks. Serve with lime wedges, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Burritos
Sort By :
"We loved this dish, not hard to make! We highly recommend Chicken Burritos!"
"Did them with my friend. While eating i was crying. It was so tasty that i didnt had any words to say. I just cried."
"These are now my son's favorite burritos!"
"This was fantastic :) Added some red pepper flakes to give it a little kick and some honey to make it sweeter."
"This recipe was great. I don't always like the mexican spices in burritos so this was perfect. I added some mushrooms and a little honey with the bottled bbq sauce. Great quick supper."