Barbecue Chicken Burritos Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Lime wedges, sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, green peppers and onion in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir in barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle cheese down the center of each tortilla; top with chicken mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- In a large skillet, brown burritos in remaining oil on all sides over medium heat. Serve with lime wedges, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Burritos(9)
Sort By :
This was fantastic :) Added some red pepper flakes to give it a little kick and some honey to make it sweeter.
This recipe was great. I don't always like the mexican spices in burritos so this was perfect. I added some mushrooms and a little honey with the bottled bbq sauce. Great quick supper.
Made this recipe last night for the first time last night. My husband and son couldn't get enough and said the recipe was a keeper. Quick and easy for a weeknight meal. I will definitely make this again.
I omitted the green pepper since the hubby hates them, still delicious! Will be on the monthly menu from here on out.
I made these last night and they were WONDERFUL!! My husband couldn't get over how good they were ( i did use a homemade flour tortilla) Browning them really makes the difference, I'd say. I cooked the chicken breast whole and then cut it into pieces (for me that's the best way to keep chicken from drying out)
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Burritos >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >