- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Lime wedges, sour cream, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, green peppers and onion in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in barbecue sauce and heat through.
- Sprinkle cheese down the center of each tortilla; top with chicken mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown burritos in remaining oil on all sides over medium heat. Discard toothpicks. Serve with lime wedges, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Barbecue Chicken Burritos
Sort By :
"Absolutely delicious!! And different too!"
"Very good, easy and quick. My husband and grown sons really enjoyed these. Great "in a pinch" meal."
"These were different and easy to make. Quick easy weeknight meal!"
"We loved this dish, not hard to make! We highly recommend Chicken Burritos!"
"Did them with my friend. While eating i was crying. It was so tasty that i didnt had any words to say. I just cried."