Barbecue Butter Beans
Flavorful bacon and a sweet sauce spark the flavor of this delicious dish. It takes only minutes to stir together this speedy side, making it perfect for potlucks.—Linda Hartsell, Apple Creek, Ohio
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- In a bowl, combine the beans, brown sugar, ketchup and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 232 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 583 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.