Barbecue BLT Chicken Salad Recipe
"My family requests this satisfying salad often," says Kathleen Williams of Maryville, Tennessee. "Barbecue sauce gives the dressing an unexpected tang."
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, combine the chicken, tomatoes and celery; stir in dressing. Serve over salad greens; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue BLT Chicken Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p46
Reviews for Barbecue BLT Chicken Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2008
Great any time of year, but especially good on a summer night when its too hot to really barbecue, but that's what your craving!