"My family requests this satisfying salad often," says Kathleen Williams of Maryville, Tennessee. "Barbecue sauce gives the dressing an unexpected tang."
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 5 cups torn salad greens
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, combine the chicken, tomatoes and celery; stir in dressing. Serve over salad greens; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Barbecue BLT Chicken Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p46
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Barbecue BLT Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2008
"Great any time of year, but especially good on a summer night when its too hot to really barbecue, but that's what your craving!"