Barbecue Beef Taco Plate Recipe
I prepared this hearty appetizer for 200 people at a cookout, and it was gone before I knew it! Everyone loved the barbecued ground beef, veggie and cheese combination. —Iola Egle Bella Vista, Arkansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:40 servings
- 4 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 to 4 cups shredded romaine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 to 3 cups honey barbecue sauce
- 2 to 3 packages (13-1/2 ounces each) tortilla chips
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and dressing mixes until blended. Spread over two 14-in. plates. Layer with the beef mixture, chilies, onions, romaine, cheese and tomatoes. Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- 3. Arrange some tortilla chips around the edge; serve with remaining chips. Yield: 2 plates (20 servings each).
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC