Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
These full-flavored sandwiches really hit the spot after a busy day. They're easy to make and have a fantastic blend of seasonings-no one can eat just one!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hamburger buns
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook the beef, onion
- and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink;
- drain. Add all remaining ingredients except buns. Simmer, uncovered,
- 15 minutes. Serve on buns. Yield: about 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 305 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.