- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup French salad dressing
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, salad dressing, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Transfer 1/3 cup to another bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes; drain. Drain and discard marinade. On 10 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, and vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 18-20 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning once. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 10 kabobs.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Barbecue Beef Kabobs
Sort By :
"These kabobs were very good. I will be making this again."
"Made this last night for supper. The whole family loved it! Full of flavor, I will definitely make it again."
"The marinade makes the meat so juicy and tasty! This was a hit with us! I added minced garlic and fresh ground black pepper to the marinade. I loved the carrots on there....grilled carrots, great idea! A tip is to watch your microwave-mine cooks fast and my carrots needed barely 3 minutes-at 4 min they were totally mushy. Buy extra -just in case-lol! I had a 16 ounce bag and it was enough-adjust your microwave's cooking time accordingly. Thanks for an original and tasty recipe that we will enjoy many more times!"