Barbecue Beef Brisket Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. Cut brisket in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the barbecue sauce, onion, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, salt and pepper; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove beef and keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice meat across the grain; serve with gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup gravy equals 486 calories, 29 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 933 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.