Barbecue Beef Brisket Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 fresh beef brisket (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- Hamburger buns
- 1. Place brisket in a Dutch oven. Combine the next 10 ingredients; pour over brisket. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove brisket and discard cooking juices. Shred meat; return to Dutch oven. Add barbecue sauce and cook until heated through, stirring frequently. Serve on hamburger buns. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 sandwich equals 204 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.