- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut brisket in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the barbecue sauce, onion, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, salt and pepper; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice meat across the grain; serve with gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Barbecue Beef Brisket
"Good. Just didn't suit my taste. Was quite easy to put together. Have had better."
"This was delicious!! Only change I made, I did not add salt to sauce. There is enough sodium in other ingredients that you don't need it.Really good recipe!!"
"I LOVE SWEET BABY RAYS BBQ SAUCE, IT HAS A REALLY GOOD FLAVOR.. I LOVE IT ON BBQ, BRISKET...."
"Very good!! My 11 year daughter loved it so much, she went back to the crock pot and filled her plate with seconds. I used Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ sauce in this and it came out amazing!!"