Barbecue Beans Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef with celery, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, ginger and cloves. Stir in beans.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 178 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Barbecue Beans
"Can you send me a LOW SODIUM baked bean recipe. My husband is on a LOW SODIUM diet. I need a recipe below 400 mg."
"We really enjoy these beans and this is the only baked bean recipe I use. I have made them many, many times since the recipe was printed."