Bandito Chili Dogs Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place hot dogs in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the chili, soup and green chilies; pour over hot dogs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- 2. Serve hot dogs in buns; top with chili mixture, onion, corn chips and cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 450 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1442mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Bandito Chili Dogs
"My husband and I thought this was pretty good. I thought it was lacking something, but I did leave out the green chilies (I don't like spicy food), so that might be why. Next time I'll add in some of the onion to the slow cooker. Maybe some green pepper or something too. We did like this, so we'd make it again either way. It's a great way to use leftover hot dogs."
"These taste just like the coneys you get from Sonic and they are so easy to prepare. One of our favorite meals."
"Family loves the recipe it is something differently, but tastes great. We make it every time we have a chane."
"A great easy fast recipe. I agree with 5hungrykids in that it's not much different than regular chili dogs, but I also like how it all cooked in the crockpot together. My family loved it."
"This recipe was good, though not sure that it is much different than just regular chili dogs. I had way more chili topping than I did hot dogs. Next time I will use two packages of hot dogs. Love the idea of all of it cooking in the crockpot together. Very quick and easy, which is what my family needs! Thank you for the recipe."