- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a skillet over medium heat, combine 2 tablespoons butter and oil. Fry chicken until brown, about 6-8 minutes on each side. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine taco sauce, barbecue sauce, French dressing, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and remaining butter; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sauce is blended. Pour 1/2 cup over the chicken wings.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with the remaining sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bandito Chicken Wings
Sort By :
My husband loves these wings!
These are sweet, not hot. I used fat-free Catalina and increased the hot sauce to 1 Tablespoon. Good wings!
These wings were pretty good, I would make it again, but I think I'll add a bit more hot sauce. I substituted light margarine for the butter in the sauce and used canola oil only to brown (did not use butter at all). I also think it could have used more salt (just realize I forgot the Worcestershire sauce, that may have made a difference). They were still good though. I used light BBQ sauce and light Catalina French, to also aid in serving a healthier dish.
I added 1/2 cup of brown sugar to add a sweet and spicy flavor to the recipe. Try it, you will not be disappointed. Great recipe and very quick and easy to prepare