Deliciously old-fashioned, these tempting tarts are a "must" for Santa's Christmas Eve cookie plate.
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, optional
- Pastry for two double-crust pies (9 inches)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in walnuts if
- desired. Roll out pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into 48 3-in.
- circles; moisten edges with water. Put 1-1/2 teaspoons filling on
- half of each circle. Fold other half over the filling; press edges
- together with a fork to seal. Cut a slit in top of each tart. Place
- on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-15
- minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine sugar and milk; drizzle over cooled tarts. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 119 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.