- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, optional
- Pastry for two double-crust pies (9 inches)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in walnuts if desired. Roll out pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into 48 3-in. circles; moisten edges with water. Put 1-1/2 teaspoons filling on half of each circle. Fold other half over the filling; press edges together with a fork to seal. Cut a slit in top of each tart. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine sugar and milk; drizzle over cooled tarts. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Banbury Tarts in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p42
Reviews for Banbury Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review