Bananas Foster Recipe
Dessert lovers of every kind will find this sweet treat very "apeeling"! It's an impressive ending to everyday meals.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise and cut into thirds
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- Ice cream
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cream. Add bananas and extract. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 589 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC