Dessert lovers of every kind will find this sweet treat very "apeeling"! It's an impressive ending to everyday meals.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise and cut into thirds
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- Ice cream
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in cream. Add bananas and extract. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Bananas Foster in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2004, p9
Reviews for Bananas Foster
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review