Bananas Foster Sundaes Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large firm bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended. Add bananas and pecans; cook, stirring gently, for 2-3 minutes or until bananas are glazed and slightly softened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Bananas Foster Sundaes
Sort By :
"My sister-in-law loves Bananas Foster, so we brought it to dinner at a friend's home when she was also there. It turned out wonderful just as it is. We will certainly be enjoying it again. Thank you"
"This is an awesome recipe! It tastes like something you'd eat at a 5-star restaurant!"
"Such a different taste, try real rum, then light on fire to burn off alcohol. YUM !"
"Wonderful, delicious, quick and easy. I used sugar free ice cream and brown sugar blend. Will definately be making this one for company as well as for the two of us."
"This was awesome really satisfies the sweet tooth w/o the calories."